Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just stuff

Will had to try on one of his new outfits for fall!
(actually mommy had to see how it looked!)

Hey! It's been awhile since I last posted. Life has been a whole lot of fun! So, I decided not to teach the little pre-school thing. When I signed up, I was not preggo. When I taught school while preggers with Will, I caught every single illness one of my students had. I was on antibiotics about 6 times. Scary. To be on the safe side, we thought it would be best to just continue what we are currently doing. . .fun stuff.


So, I'm just going to make sure little man goes to toddler time at the library, plays at open rec, sees his buddies, and takes naps so i can take naps. by the way, i love naps. SELFISH?????


Just read another AMAZING book that Rachel B. recommended. I can totally see why. I noticed that Barbara said she had read it 3 times. Lori G. has also read it. It's called Redeeming Love by Francine Peters. This book is about how much GOD values us. How worthy we are in HIS eyes. I needed this book. Before this book, I thought I would never be as close to Him as I was in high school/junior high. I messed up some in college and felt like I just didn't how to be close to Him or His will. This book helped me realize that God has never given up on me. It's such a worthy read and I look forward to reading it again. I hope each of you reading this entry will read Redeeming Love. I went to the library last night and I saw it there.


Makes me feel good that so many of my ol' buddies are blogging. I just noticed that Whitney started! I thought about this the other day: God gave me SUCH good friends when I was young that those relationships sustain me. I find it difficult to make new friends because they can never compare with the ones I have now. Thank you to all my friends out there. You are good to me!


Took Will to the "psssssh park" today. Psssssh is code for fountain. He loves water. He doesn't mind water getting in his face at all. He plows right through it. Will kisses my belly and says that there is a baby in there. Makes me feel so so so excited and happy!!!!! We will probably find out the sex of the baby. We think it would be too hard to wait.


OK, gotta go do something really important. . .take a lil' siesta!!!! I have found that if I don't rest for about 30 minutes. . .I'm no good for the rest of the day. Will takes a lot of energy out of this mama!!!!!

4 comments:

Leilanni said...

That book sounds amazing . . .I'm going to see if I can get a hold of a copy from the library!

I know what you mean about feeling like I've messed up so much that I'm unworthy to come before God. But then (after much, much wrestling) He revealed to me that I wasn't worthy before I messed up either and that's the beauty of His grace!!!

Oh - and naps are NOT selfish! And if they are then I'm guilty, too :-) Love ya!

Rachel said...

so glad you liked the book! pass it on to leilanni! everyone should get a chance to read it:)

and naps - i LOVE naps too! not selfish at all. much needed!

Suzanne said...

Well, it looks like I'll be reading this book next!! It sounds amazing!! I'm currently reading a book about a man's journey preparing for and racing the Iditarod. The last book I read was about a man's adventures while hiking the Appalachian Trail. I guess living in Colorado has increased my interest in long, taxing, brutally challenging nature adventures!!

Since so many of us are readers, or are trying to read more, maybe we could start a blog book club???? What do you think??

da momma said...

Will is so cute! i hope yall find out the sex! reading about your nap - makes me decide to stop this addicting blog syndrome and take one myself :)
hugs!